(This position is suitable not only for applicants early in their careers, but also for experienced doctors, who will enjoy career development opportunities and can be appointed as Head of Department, “1. Oberarzt”)
What the position offers:
- an attractive remuneration and an average of four to five night shifts per month.
- The department operates mainly in the field of general surgery, with an additional focus on oncology, vascular surgery, as well as plastic. Approximately 4,000 operations are carried out every year and about 17,000 people are treated as out-patients. Pacemakers and ICD devices are implanted jointly with the cardiology department. The equipment and the means allocated to the department put it among the most up-to-date in the whole of Austria. Three operating tables are available for use every day.
- Depending on individual professional background, the successful applicant may develop additional specialisation in fields of expertise. The department would welcome reinforcement/specialisation in the fields of vascular surgery and breast surgery. The BGZ (Breast Health Centre) is expected to see its activity increase in the future.
- In total, there are five specialised out-patient units, including the general out-patient unit and the Breast Health Centre, each running once a week.
- A well-balanced workload, with core hours and a start at 7:30 a.m., contributes to the attractiveness of the offer.
- For the optional position as Head of Department (“1. Oberarzt”), there will be joint responsibility for the organisation of the department.
- 15 days per year of paid external further training are available to every doctor on the basis of a specific further-training budget
- You will work in a well-established, motivated and cooperative team
What you can offer:
- You are a specialist doctor in the field of surgery who will appreciate an excellent, team-oriented and harmonious work environment and are interested in the opportunity to further develop your expertise.
- You are a team player who appreciates and promotes openness in your work relations.
- You are prepared to make a long-term professional commitment.
An attractive gross annual salary ranging from € 85,000 to 110,000 (basic salary as well as night shift and other payments), in additional to extra financial compensations, will ensure a pleasant career move.